Jimmy’s Current Drama/Experiment
Now Jimmy is going to do an experiment to show the effect of eating 90% of his calories from fat. This is designed to contrast with Jimmy’s “failed” protein experiment. Remember that? It was the experiment which dropped Jimmy’s fasting Insulin in half but Jimmy considered it a failure.
Jimmy is going to eat 1900 calories for a week. Let me make a radical set of predictions (actually not radical at all).
- Jimmy will lose weight.
- Jimmy weighs north of 300 lbs so he must be taking in like 3500 calories a day.
- Dropping his calories to 1900 will create a deficit of around 1600 calories a day which should come from body fat.
- Jimmy should lose about 3-4 lbs of fat over the week.
- If Jimmy loses more 3-4 lbs that will be interesting since it will create a real mystery as to what he is eating prior to the diet since he would have to be at a large surplus prior to the experiment.
- Certainly Jimmy has enough fat on his body to support a long fast so this high fat diet will just supplement his body fat stores.
- Jimmy will proclaim fat the winner over protein.
- Jimmy is doing 1900 calories with 190 calories from protein or 47.5 grams of protein a day.
- If Jimmy currently weighs 300 lbs, that’s 136 kg. Jimmy will be taking in 0.35 g per kg of body weight.
- The DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight so Jimmy will be under half the DRI for protein.
- Jimmy’s cholesterol will go up since he’s going hypocaloric (See Dave Feldman).
Jimmy’s diet will be fat bombs.
Jimmy’s High Protein Experiment
What was Jimmy’s so-called High Protein diet? 1900 calories with 90% from protein is 1710 calories from protein or 427.5 grams of protein. That’s an extreme amount of protein. If Jimmy bothered to look at Ted Naiman’s graphic he would have seen:
TedTed Naiman’s graphic shows the ratio of protein to non-protein energy in grams. To maintain eat as many grams of fat as protein. To lose eat more protein and less fat. To gain weight eat less protein and more fat. Jimmy has been in that diet as he has gotten fatter.
Jimmy would do better to listen to Arnold.