Food Quotient Calculator
Enter Your Numbers
Scroll down for results after pressing Calculate
Food Quotient Results
- RQ of 0.7 = Fat being oxidized
- RQ of 0.8 = Protein being oxidized
- RQ of 0.85 = Equal amount of fat and carbohydrates being oxidized
- RQ of 1.0 = Carbohydrates being oxidized
- The respiratory quotient (RQ) is closer to the food quotient (FQ) for subjects eating high-fat diets than it is for subjects eating high-carbohydrate diets.
Wikipedia - Respiratory quotient
Hyperlipid - On Stephen Phinney and an RQ of 0.62
Food quotient - Explains how RQ can be less than 0.7 or greater than 1.0.
Standard American Diet (2000 calories)
Carbohydrates = 250 g
Fat = 78 g
Protein = 75 g
This calculator runs locally on your computer.
None of your personal data is stored on our server.
Other people can probably see what you enter into your browser if they try hard enough.
Use this information at your own risk and with the advice of your medical professional.
We are not doctors nor do we pretend to be one on the Internet.
We do not take responsibility for errors in these calculations.
We do not guarantee that these numbers will work for people at the extremes of the ranges.
If you discover an error in calculation, please let us know through email: blog at lowcarbstudies dot com.